Spain – Volunteer in Outgoing Area
Our partner is looking for 1 ESC volunteer.
NAME OF THE PARTNER ORGANIZATION: COCAT
DATES: from 1st February 2020 to 30th November 2020
DURATION: 10 months
COCAT is a platform organisation of international workcamps organisations in Catalunya. It
gathers Catalan organisations that implement activities in the social-educational field.
Our main goal is to promote international volunteering, understood as a tool for personal and
community development and social transformation.
We promote international volunteering mainly in 2 ways:
- Sending Catalan volunteers to the world to do workcamps, mid and long term projects
(also EVS), training, youth exchanges, etc…
- Hosting international volunteers in the workcamp projects that our member organisations organize.
We are really concerned about inequalities and environmental issues, that’s why:
- We support youngsters with fewer opportunities so that they can also participate in this
kind of experiences
- We promote sustainable practices both in the projects in Catalunya and in the travels
our volunteers do to their projects.
The role of the volunteers who will participate in our ESC project will be to support the incoming,
outgoing and the A4A/ESC volunteering areas and also support in the communication area. It
means one of the volunteers will be supporting the work that is done to host volunteers
(incoming) and the other one will be supporting the work that is done to send volunteers
(outgoing), and the third one will be supporting the work in the A4A/ESC and more intensively the communication and external relation tasks. The three will be promoting international voluntary service-producing informative material, participating in informative sessions, updating the web and the social networks and publishing articles and posts on our website. The 3 volunteers will manage administrative tasks and will work in a team in COCAT office in Calabria street no120, postal code 08015 Barcelona.
More information you can find here.
Tasks of the Volunteer
The first step for a volunteer that wants to go abroad on a workcamp is to be well informed, so
the first thing the outgoing ESC volunteer will do is going to be related to this (picking-up the
phone and answer e-mails giving information to volunteers, informative sessions)
The next step is the placement process. The outgoing ESC volunteer will support the
registration process by using our database and contacting international organisations.
COCAT organises several pieces of training before the volunteer’s departure. We expect from the ESC to support this activity with the rest team.
VISITING AND PARTICIPATING IN AN INTERNATIONAL PROJECT:
The volunteer will have the opportunity, if he/she whish, to participate in an international project
(it could be a workcamp, youth exchange, international training depending on the availability) if
he/she wants to. He/she could also have the opportunity to visit the Catalan workcamps during
the summer season with the rest of the team.
At the end of the workcamps season is the time for evaluations. The outgoing ESC volunteer
will go through the evaluation forms and also will participate in the evaluations meetings to
understand and get to know better the experiences of the volunteers sent by COCAT.
Profile of the Volunteer
- Strong motivation for youth voluntary projects.
- Experience in volunteering.
- Good English level
- The consciousness that the project will have a big administrative part (although in the summer the project gets more dynamic).
Will be positively valued
- Having participated in a workcamp or in other international youth projects (youth exchanges,
- Spanish knowledge
- Will to learn Catalan and ability for foreign languages.
- Experience, interest in communication and social media.
How to Apply
- Please take your time to fill in this form on-line.
You can answer it in Catalan/Spanish if you feel like you are able to.
We will automatically receive your questionnaire so you don’t need to send it by e-mail.
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and put email@example.com in a copy
Mail subject should be: „ESC COCAT February 2020”