All Aboard the Inclusive Train
Why are workcamps open to all people without differences? What are the benefits of having a diverse group? How to prepare workcamp leaders to work with people with special needs? How to support leaders to be able to support volunteers with special needs? What activities can workcamp leaders use to help them reach the full potential of the group?
In collaboration with partner organizations Allianssi Youth Exchanges from Finland, IBG – Internationale Begegnung in Gemeinschaftsdiensten e.V. from Germany and using the expertise of Rytmus – from client to citizen, we realized the project All Abroad the Inclusive Train from 2021-2023 supported by the Erasmus+ programme. Within this project we have focused on the following issues.
What happened in the project:
- Discussions with the organization Rytmus and its client about what will support volunteers with special needs to take part in an international volunteering project.
- Needs analysis of participating organizations, workcamp leaders and local partner organizations.
- Creation of 4 workshops to train leaders that can be used individually and as a whole.
- Testing the leader training workshops in the Czech Republic, Germany and Finland.
- Finalization of the workshops and development of the methodology.
Download the methodology
You are interested in how the workshops look like and want to test them in practice?