project Changing perspectives
is trying to answer these questions.
Full name of the project: Changing perspectives – From Impact measurement to the recognition of IVS, under the Key action 2, Capacity Building within the Erasmus + programme.
The project aims at improving the recognition of IVS as a major tool for personal and professional development for young people and especially young people with fewer opportunities as well as for cooperation and reciprocal exchanges between European and Asian youth organizations targeting the importance of IVS and non-formal education in local development and particularly in youth policies.
Main objective of the project is:
- To evaluate the impact and to reinforce the visibility of voluntary activities.
- Meeting of the steering committee – 27th and 29th of November 2014 in Paris.
- Training for Trainers on the Impact measurement and assessment tools planned to take place in April, 2014 (6 days including arrival and departures) in the Philippines, hosted by YSDA. There will be 27 participants including partner organisations, experts and steering members, the aim will be for the partners to appropriate and adapt them according to each organisations’ methods and functioning.
- Implementation phase – each youth organisation will implement the tools in their activities (workcamps, mid and long term projects).
- Seminar on recognition and visibility tools in September 2015 will take place in Greece, hosted by CIA. Partner organisations and experts from the academic sectors will gather for the seminar to reflect on the use of the results that were processed after the implementation phase (identifying key elements) in order to improve and reinforce projects. Tools and methods to support the youth in the appropriation process will be developed.
- The Final Conference will gather partners and experts involved in the different steps, in order to assess the results of the project and to decide of further steps to take. It will take place in Paris in December 2015. It will last 4 days: the 2 first days will gather the different actors in the project (organisations, volunteers, etc) and the last 2 days will be open to gather stakeholders of IVS projects
- A final meeting for the steering committee will be held in the beginning of 2016 (3 days). A publication will be created during the meeting and finalised post meeting.
Partners of the project:
Compagnons Bâtisseurs/ Belgium,
Inex SDA/ Czech Republic
Solidarités Jeunesses / France
Una Exchange/ Great Britain