This is your opportunity to join GLEN, the Global Education Network for Young Europeans, which is taking a step to formalizing its structures and, after 13 years of being a non-formal network of 11 member organizations, wants to set up a so-called GLEN Secretariat (GS). In future, the GS should serve as a focal point of activities and resources of the GLEN Network. As a result of the internal strategy process of the GLEN Network, the GLEN Secretariat shall give a legal basis to GLEN and is based on the decision taken by GLEN Member Organisations.
Honorary position for (1) conducting the base research of feasibility and (2) implementing the registration of a “GLEN Secretariat” as a legal entity based in the Czech Republic.
The required tasks should be implemented between July 1st, 2017 and October 31st, 2017.
The honorarium will be EUR 2500
- Working level of English and Czech (written and spoken) is essential
- Solid understanding of large organizational structures: Ability to conduct research among stakeholders of the GLEN Network and to analyse the organizational dynamics
- Familiarity with Czech legal requirements: Experience with the registration of non-profit entities
- Strong experience in project co-ordination, preferably in an international context
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively both in a team and individually
- Strong strategic thinking skills, with the ability to operationalize concepts and transform ideas into action as well as apply research findings to ongoing program development
- Desired: Familiarity with global interactions and global issues
- Preferred: Knowledge of the GLEN Network
You get the chance to contribute to the development of a large network of organizations and individuals working for social change through Global Education and other fields.
You will benefit from GLEN’s over 10 years of experience as a Global Education actor in the European scene.
June 10th, 2017
All applications should be sent via e-mail to the GLEN Network Officer, Miša Krenčeyová: firstname.lastname@example.org
No other form of application will be accepted.
(1) a motivation letter covering why you are interested to the position, how you can contribute to its success and what your relevant experiences are;
(2) a work plan indicating in detail the steps you would take to fulfil the required tasks and a time-frame for each step;
(3) a CV.
1st Phase: Selection of short-listed candidates: 15th of June, 2017.
Please note that due to lack of capacity only short-listed candidates will be informed.
2nd Phase: Skype Interviews between the 20th and 22nd of June, 2017.
For more information about the task please see the full_call_for_proposals.
More information about GLEN and the Strategy process: